Can NNJLS Help Me?
NNJLS can help you if:
- You have a civil (non-criminal) legal problem within Program Priorities. See “Our Work”
- You live in Bergen, Hudson, or Passaic County
- You income and assets fall within NNJLS’ eligibility guidelines
We do not provide assistance in the following types of cases:
- Criminal matters, auto accidents, personal injury, traffic tickets, business matters and workers compensation cases.
How do I find out if I'm eligible?
- After you call or come in to our office we will get some basic information about your legal problem and ask you about your income and assets. If you you have the type of case we handle and if you meet our income and asset guidelines, we will arrange for you to talk to one of our attorneys. It's that simple!
If you live outside Bergen, Hudson or Passaic Counties, go to our Links page to find the Legal Services program in your area.