NNJLS provides legal assistance to members of the community who were affected by Hurricane Sandy. Our goal is to ensure that senior, disabled and low-income residents who have suffered damage from the storm have a committed advocate to help them resolve their legal issues.
NNJLS provides legal assistance for area residents who have suffered damage due the storm in the following types of matters:
* FEMA claims
* Homeowners and renters insurance claims
* Tenant evictions related the storm;
* Housing habitability issues arising from flooding, power outages, and other storm damage
* Tenant security deposit return
* Denial of emergency and other storm related housing assistance;
* Denial of emergency public benefits, such as food stamps, unemployment assistance, and other public benefits.
* Other legal matters experienced by victims of Hurricane Sandy.